This was The Beatles’ 45th of 48 consecutive nights performing at the Indra Club in Hamburg, Germany.
They were contracted to perform for four and a half hours each weekday night, from 8-9.30pm, 10-11pm, 11.30pm-12.30am and 1-2am.
They also had to play for six hours on Saturdays, from 7-8.30pm, 9-10pm, 10.30-11.30pm, 12-1am, and 1.30-3am. Sunday hours were 5-6pm, 6.30-7.30pm, 8-9pm, 9.30-10.30pm, 11-12 midnight and 12.30-1.30am.
Also on this day...
- 1968: Hunter Davies’ biography of The Beatles is published
- 1967: Mixing: Your Mother Should Know
- 1964: Recording: Every Little Thing, What You’re Doing, No Reply
- 1963: Recording, editing, mixing: Little Child, Hold Me Tight, Money, I Wanna Be Your Man, All I’ve Got To Do, Don’t Bother Me, Not A Second Time
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: John Lennon and Paul McCartney travel to Paris
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.